With high school graduation coming soon many families are looking to relocate. As summer approaches many of you may be considering a move to St. George, away, or even just around the corner. We all know that moving can be the worst time for some and we always get that feeling of forgetfulness. To appease this stress we have created a moving check list for you. We're going to to break it down for you.
1. Make a schedule. When you have purchased your home make sure you know the date upon possession. Typically you can move in and take possession of your home "upon closing." Make sure though you check the situation of the current home owner and when you may move in. With the date in mind you can know a week in advanced what you need to pack. Also ensure to change your address at the post office and other needed locations.
2. Make an inventory. Make a list of all your belongings, that way you know what you want in your new home and what you want in storage. Also Categorizing your belongings for you to be able to find things easier in times to come. Also it makes it really nice for the movers to put things in the new home in the right place.
3. Packing the unnecessary. This includes some of the valuables that are not used on a daily basis. For example the Christmas decorations and the fruit dehydrator. Also it gives you a chance to do some spring cleaning and to get rid of some of the unwanted items in your home.
4. Contacting the movers. With moving you ought to have a budget. With many different moving methods and companies you must look at your options. Either moving yourself, renting a moving truck, or hiring a company to move everything for you. A good idea if you are considering hiring someone out is to check out different companies and getting different bids and find who you would trust to move your valuables at a reasonable price. I would contact your realtor (me) and I would refer someone I know that does a good job.
5. Now move. The day has come to move and much is needed to be done. Disassemble your furniture. Pack your clothes. Label your boxes. Empty and clean fridge. It's always appreciated for leaving a clean home. Pack up the truck large items first and fragile items on top and you are good to go.
Moving days should be an excited time for a new adventure in a new neighborhood. So get ready for those awesome cookies at the door from your new neighbors and if you have a good agent like me then they would come and congratulate you as new homeowners with a treat.